In the vast majority of situations, well pump repairs Grants Pass are regarded by property owners to be an emergency. That’s because there’s a good chance that you’re without water or the water pressure is lowered. In either instance, you’ll need to move fast.
If you can see some of the following symptoms in your well-based water supply system, then you may call for some well pump repair shop.
Some warning symptoms
Here is a brief and not wholly comprehensive list of things that might indicate you require the quick service of an experienced plumber or engineer:
- Your pump is utterly dead when switched on. Assuming you still have an electrical supply of some sort then this is a clear-cut sign your apparatus is playing up!
- The apparatus has power in it and seems to be struggling to do something, but no water is running out. It could be something to do with your supply but is perhaps to be more likely to be the machinery itself.
- Everything’s working fine, but some odd noises are coming out of your machine or associated pipes.
- Your pressure in the water supply is sputtering and gushing. There may be several explanations of that in fairness, but the need for well pump repairs could be one.
- The water in your system is discolored. Again, it’s not clear the equipment is the cause, but it might be and should be inspected. In passing, don’t put this off. In the vast majority of instances, the discoloration of water is owing to harmless contamination, but it might not be – so don’t put off calling a plumber specializing in well pump repairs.
The pressure is going down.
If you believe you need well pump repairs, here’s a brief inventory of things to keep in mind:
- Have the number of a local plumber to hand. No, this isn’t just a case of diving on to an Internet trade directory in a panic. Instead, make certain you know of a local well pump repair professional that understands your pump and your installation. You’ll want him or her to get to grips with the dilemma upon arrival – not waste a lot of time at your expense learning about the apparatus involved.
- Know your machinery. That means studying the operating and troubleshooting guide – assuming you have one. The rationale is straightforward and some errors, although only some, might involve basic DIY to solve. An example might be a power supply failure. Apart from all else, being able to describe your equipment and where you expect it’s gone wrong might aid your plumber to diagnose the problem over the phone.
- Keep some bottled water in the house. No, this isn’t survivalist philosophy, just common sense. If you have intermediate reservoirs, that’s great, but depending upon your plumbing infrastructure, keeping some bottled water around ‘just in case’ might help you at least make coffee and cook until your emergency plumber arrives.
- Use water sparingly if you think something’s amiss. A pump that’s making noises it shouldn’t need attention – and fast. Even if all appears natural concerning water distribution, put everyone in the household onto emergency measures such as no baths, showers or car cleaning. An unusual noise might indicate that the equipment’s about to turn up its toes – so be moderate with water use until a plumber has tested it out.
- Keep some essential tools to hand. A leaking pipe or joint might require a slight turn with a wrench to deal with the problem – at least until an expert can check it out for you. So, make sure you have some basic handyman tools and know where they are. Don’t get carried away ‘fiddling’ with your well pump – repairs are best left to someone experienced.
- Above all, don’t put off calling a plumber for help because you hope-against-hope that your dilemma will sort itself out. The chances are, it won’t and well pump repairs for complications that have been neglected for some time might cost you extra dollars.
At Siskiyou Pump Serve they know full well how important it is to a homeowner to get an immediate response during an unexpected well pump failure that puts them out of water. Therefore, they offer emergency well sump pump service and repair 24 hours of the day. You can count on these guys when it’s needed the most.